Thursday 21 February 2013

Sorry I was gone for so long!

I never intended to stop blogging for such a long time.  Paper Dreams had became a great way for me to enjoy some 'me' time away from the stressors in life.  But whilst I was happily blogging and reading in my own little world, I had no idea that my real life was in jeopardy.

The day after my last post, my husband left me.  I was completely unaware that he was unhappy in our marriage & I felt stupid for missing the signs.  You see, we had recently moved to a new city for his work and the pressure was on.  Instead of building a social life in our new location, I was losing myself in many online communities and he was working way too much.  Result? A grumpy husband and a 'busy' unresponsive wife - "Not now, honey! I'm reading."

I wasn't there for him when he needed me most.

Shortly after he ended our relationship, I moved back to my home town with the children.  I couldn't stand the thought of continuing our new adventure without my husband and needed the support of my friends & family.

Thankfully, a few months later, and after some outside help, we got back together (and are very happy to this day).  Hubby has a new job and we are both super glad to be living back home, away from the stress of the city life.  But unfortunately everything I was previously working on, including my at the time soon-to-be-published novel, completely stopped.

I couldn't focus on anything and I certainly couldn't enjoy reading a book.

After moving back to my home town, I put all my efforts into my photography business.  I needed the income more than ever at this point and it was a great way to get out of the house and be productive.

Since finding my happy ending, I have been so pre-occupied with my family & business that I still neglect my hobby of reading & writing.  But I miss it so much and I hope that in time I can creep back into this wonderful community and pick up where I left off.

For those of you who would like to see what i've been up to whilst away, take a peek at my photography website/blog

http://www.snapcouture.co.uk/blog/

I've missed it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment